I. BOOKING RULES & CHARGES
1. All prices listed include rent, utilities, cleaning or other services as per case and agency fee
2. All prices concern the exact amount of people agreed (adults + children)
3. All rental contracts are for the exact days agreed
4. All EU private citizens are subject to VAT on the agency's fee. The VAT rate is 23%, NOT included in our offers. It is clearly indicated in the Final Booking Form and Invoice
5. All EU companies are VAT exempt (VAT reversal) but have to provide a valid EU Tax number and file for VIES. If the number is not valid, they will be charged VAT as individuals
6. Non EU individuals or companies are not subject to VAT
7. A deposit of 40-50% of the total rental value is required upon booking to confirm a reservation. Guests will receive confirmation of receipt. Renters should arrange that the required amount is received net, free of bank charges, in the local currency, EURO
8. With expression of interest and confirmation of availability, a 48 hour option will be held strictly for individuals (no obligation to pay). Partner agencies only can request a 72 hour option.
9. With confirmation of reservation, 40-50% of the agreed rental amount.
10. 32 days prior to arrival the remaining 60% plus the agreed security deposit on the house.
11. Christmas, New Year, Orthodox Easter and Ascension day weeks are considered high season and follow the equivalent high season pricing
12. In case of non pre-agreed late departure of the houses, 1/2 day rental will be charged (departure by 2:30 pm) and full day (departure after 5:00 pm) according to the current price catalogue, without any discounts that may have applied before. The amount will be subtracted from the security deposit.
13. A returnable security deposit applies at all times, the amount being at the discretion of the Owners and clearly stated in the Final Booking Form (FBF). Normally, if not otherwise stated, it is equal to one day's rent as deposit per week of rental. It is understood by all renters that in the case of any substantial damage or item removal from the houses, Owners can make a claim up to 10 days after departure and any such claim will be subtracted without further negotiation from this deposit, covering materials, labor, transportation or any other fees associated with damage restoration
14. The Owner and Goutos Properties EE reserve the right to refuse entry to the villa to guests who have not fully paid their rental
1. No credit cards or personal checks or cash on arrival are accepted.
2. All payments by international bank drafts to the company's corporate accounts or Owners' account supplied
3. Payment all made in EURO. All amounts should be received NET of bank charges, please instruct your bank to do so
4. Expenses beyond the EU remittances or foreign currency will be submitted from the security deposit
5. Proof of payment is the day the wire is deposited to our bank accounts and NOT the day moneys are wired form guest bank accounts.
6. Goutos Properties is in no case liable for cancellation or loss of reservations due to erroneous payment procedures or to delays of the international banking system
7. An official Invoice/Receipt will be issued with the last payment
8. Owners are liable by Greek Law to register their vacation rental with the Tourist and Tax Authorities
9. Security deposits are returned within 10 working days after the departure of the guests via bank wire. Within the EU, the service is free, at non-EU based banks, bank fees over EUR 5 will be subtracted from the returned amounts
III. CANCELLATION POLICIES
A cancellation of your booking is possible according to the following policy:
If we receive your cancellation in WRITING (e-mail, fax)
• 60 days prior to arrival the entire (100%) booking deposit is refunded
• 53 days prior to arrival 75% of the booking deposit is refunded
• 47 days prior to arrival 50% of the booking deposit is refunded
• 40 days prior to arrival 25% of the booking deposit is refunded
• 32 days prior to arrival 0% (zero) of the booking deposit is refunded
32 days prior to arrival the renter is required to send in the balance of 60%
• 31 days or LESS prior to arrival, the WHOLE PAYMENT is forfeited (100%), there is no refund
> Acts of God (natural disaster or destruction by natural phenomena or by an earthquake, tsunami or other natural forces, earthquake, wind, hurricane, etc)
In cases where your rental becomes unavailable because of Acts of God, Goutos Properties EE will first pursue to find accommodation of similar or better level in the same location for the same dates and/or choose to refund or not or up to 80% of the value of the stay. In no case price differentials between new and old accommodation may be claimed. Guests either accept the solution or refund, if any.
> Force Majeure (death, illness, war, conflict, social unrest, strikes, power shortages, unforeseen events, etc and their consequences thereof)
Goutos Properties will in no case recognize circumstantial events of force major for the cancellation of a booking. In rare cases, Goutos Properties will grant a 12 month raincheck of part or the whole amount to the renter will apply towards the lease of another Our Company’s property exclusively in cases that involve death or serious illness (proof required). In no case will money be refunded.
IV. TERMS OF LEASE
The Agreement bears the same Terms as the Goutos Properties EE site hereby plus an additional Terms clearly stated
1. Minimum rental period is 7 days
2. Daily rental price includes rental for specific period and number of guests signed in, plus water, electricity, maid service as described, pool/garden maintenance where applies and as previously agreed in the Final Booking Form (FBF) sent to the guest. Residences will be delivered cleaned and ready to use. If other services are included, these are clearly mentioned in the FBF
3. In NO circumstance may the guests accommodate extra people without the prior consent of the Owners, including and not limited to overnightguests, lunches with external guests, parties, receptions, BBQs or other one day/night social events for any other number of people than the ones agreed OR extend their stay without prior timely approval.
4. Leasing of the residences is for the sole purpose of residential housing of the agreed guests for the specific period of time and for no other use unless otherwise previously agreed
5. Failure to comply to term #3 or any of the following gives the Company the right to immediately terminate the leasing agreement, the forfeiture of the whole amount of the stay, excluding the security deposit amount if no damage is present, the forceful vacating of the property & personal contacts of the occupants
6. Owners or representing agents reserve the right to enter the property for inspection at all times with reasonable warning/notice to renter.
7. Rental price includes for all properties cleaning, change of linen & towels as follows, or as otherwise agreed/stated. m
8. Maid duties are to clean the house and change linen, not do guests' laundry, ironing or cooking. That can be arranged locally on an ad hoc basis at extra charge
9. Due to water shortages in most islands and in an effort to save water, in normal course of business, towels will be changed twice a week and sheets only once. More frequent linen change may be possible (depending on property) at extra pre-agreed charge.
10. Linen provided is for in house use only and NOT to be taken to beach or pool. Many properties offer complementary beach/pool towels but some charge extra for them (see the FBF)
11. Supporting personnel (maid, gardner, pool-jacuzzi maintenance people) will enter the property at pre-agreed times. Your Owner/welcome party will inform you of those dates and times
12. Main food supplies (groceries, meat, vegetables, etc), alcoholic drinks, bottled water or other supplies are NOT included in the price
13. Rental price does NOT include any transfers (person or luggage) to or from the property, tolls, gas/petrol, car rental or ferry ticket back and forth to an island
14. Rental price does not include any other form transportation or transfer (port, airport, taxi rides, other)
15. Rental day ends at 11:00 am.
16. - Guests staying after 11:00 time will be charged 1/2 day rental according to the current list price of the property and not the paid/discounted (see Terms of Payment).
17. - Guests staying after 17:00 pm will be charged a full day on same Terms
18. Properties are expected to be returned over tidy and clean. An extra cleaning fee up to EURO 500 per week of stay may be subtracted from the security deposit if the property is left excessively dirty or a mess
19. It is not allowed to change the setting or decoration of the houses (including furniture placement) without the prior consent of the Owners. Inside furnishings stay inside and outside furnishing outside! Re-arranging the houses can lead to cancellation of the booking and forfeiture (κατάσχεση) of the whole stay and damage deposit amount.
20. The renter(s) is/are liable for any damage or for the removal /destruction of items on and around the properties, including and not limited to plants, external structures, etc. Guests are expected to respect the Villas and their contents. Villa items, including and not limited to linen and/ ornamental things remain with the villas!
21. Depending on policy of each house, pets are allowed only with prior consent and approval of the owners. The owners reserve the right to cancel the rental agreement if a pet or is found on the premises without prior consent. Please see next chapter V. PETS
22. Maintenance. Guests are expected to conserve water & energy. Conserving energy is a priority planet-wide. Turn off lights, fans, stoves, air-conditioners, water heaters, TVs, phone chargers you on unless really needed! Water is extremely scarce (σπάνιο) in a lot of the Greek islands, use it, do not abuse it. Many rely on cisterns that have to be refilled. Wasting water may not only entail an extra charge of EURO 500 per week of stay but also leave you without water for a few days as there is a waiting line with water delivery trucks. If you leave air-conditioners or fans on when absent, Owners are entitled to a claim up to EUR 75 per room per day of rental for electricity.
23. Guests are expected to use common sense and caution not to jeopardize the integrity of the buildings and structures or expose them to fire, explosives, flammable or pressurized liquids (e.g. scuba tanks, oxygen bottles, liquefied gas bottles, etc). In case of such damage, guests will be held legally liable for such damages an charges shall be pressed through the Greek Judicial System.
24. Guest are expected to use common sense in not bothering neighbors or making noise on off hours (14:30-18:00 and 23:00-8:00). Goutos Properties EE will exert its right to terminate immediately a lease of a property without any reimbursement if official complaints are received for noise or drunken behavior during ANY TIME.
25. Guest safety is our priority at Goutos Properties EE and we will do what is logical and humanly possible to safeguard it and assist when it happens. In no case will we be responsible though for accidents or Acts of God that may result to sickness, injury or death of one or more of them during a rental.
26. The company assumes no responsibility for accidents, injury, death or loss, including consequential damages from the rental and use of itsproperties. By sending in your booking deposit you, you agree by accepting this Agreement to fully legally waive any future claim against the Company in case any such event occurs
27. Swimming Pools, private or common should be used with caution and common sense, for leisure and only. Guests assume full responsibility for the use inor around swimming pools. In case of accident, injury or death, by signing this Agreement, Renters waive any future claim against Goutos Properties and its Owners
28. We strongly advise our guests to have a medical plan that will cover any medical expenses in Greece. In case of sickness or injury, we will do our best to have the patient reach professional medical assistance, the soonest possible. If you or a member of your family have any serious chronic condition, including severe allergies, you are obliged to inform us in advance. Bring ample supplies of the medications you normally need or take, it may be difficult to find on location.
29. If you are allergic to bees or wasps common in Greece during the summer, please inform us and bring antidotes.
30. The Company reserves the right to end immediately the leasing agreement and choose to reimburse or not, in case where property management has evidence or receives complaints for impeachment of Greek Law.
31. The Company reserves the right to end immediately the leasing agreement and choose to reimburse or not, in case where they deem that the integrity of the property is in jeopardy due to neglect, misuse or abuse
32. The Company reserves the right to cancel and refund in full any reservation due to unforeseen weather conditions, Acts of God, property damage or other forms of forced property unavailability and or/to move/change guests other accommodation –if available- in the area, with guests' prior consent.
33. In case of a cancellation due to external factors (Acts of God, Force Majeur), in no circumstance will Goutos Properties Company or the Owners be responsible for consequential damages of such a cancellation (ticket loss, extra charges, etc) and no such claim(s) will be honored
34. In case of cancellation the Company will make every effort to find alternative accommodation of similar value at the vacation destination. In that case customers have the right to choose the alternative property or reimbursement. No price differentials will be honored in the case where the alternative property is chosen, upwards or downwards. The Renter chooses in this case to occupy the alternative accommodation with no further claim or accept the proposed reimbursement
35. The Company and the Owners reserve the right to change prices and any of the above terms of rental at any time.
36. Renters and their guests occupying Greece by accepting this leasing agreement hereby affirm that they have legally entered Greece for vacation reasons only and have the legal documents to prove it upon request of the Authorities. In the opposite case, the Rental Agreement is cancelled immediately and payment is forfeited in full
37. The Company will, in no case, recognize circumstantial evidence for late cancellation of reservations. Renters are expected to notify in due time for cancellation.
38. Sending in a booking deposit automatically verifies the Renters' acceptance of the hereby Rental Terms.
39. GUESTS ARE LEGALY LIABLE FOR HOUSE SAFETY & INTEGRITY AND BY NO MEANS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT OF THE SECURITY DEPOSIT SOLELY.
40. If you have rented through one of our worldwide agents, the above terms apply IN ADDITION to agents terms of business and in no case are they nullified by any specific agent's policy, unless otherwise previously agreed. In case in Terms contradiction, the hereby listed Terms apply.
41. Courts of Athens Greece are set to settle any disputes
Many properties welcome pets (dogs, cats, either or one of them).
PRIOR CONSENT OF THE OWNER IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR YOU TO BRING YOUR PET WITH YOU WHETHER THE VILLAS STATES" PETS OK" OR NOT!
If there is no such prior agreement a pet is found on the premises (or more than agreed), the owner has the right to refuse the rental, cancel immediately the Agreement and withhold the payment.
- pets are strictly NOT allowed to sleep/climb on tables, couches, chairs, beds or sun-beds, they eat, sleep live on the floor
- pets are not allowed to stray to other neighboring villas/ properties, they have to stay with their owners at all times
- pets has to be confined with you when the house is being cleaned or removed from the house when the cleaner is present
- pets are not allowed to litter balconies and terraces, pick up after them
- dogs are not allowed to howl or bark at night and bother neighbors
- Greek Law imposes that dogs are kept under leash on free beaches and no entry in public beaches
Breaching any of these rules may lead to the forfeiture of your security deposit and maybe suspension of your lease and vacation at the villa
Villas that accept pets may
• ask for an increased damage deposit
• ask of a pet keeping fee